Most acupuncturists charge $60 - $120+ per treatment. We don't. We charge less. A lot less. In fact, for the price of one treatment elsewhere you could get 4 or more treatments at our clinic! Our setup also allows for lengthier treatments, which most often increases the therapeutic results. You really can't write a better formula to help you feel better faster.
Sounds too good to be true? Perhaps a glimpse into the way we think will explain some things and put you at ease.
Our Pricing Philosophy
- We believe acupuncture doesn't have to be expensive in order to be effective.
- We believe the best way to increase access to acupuncture is to keep our fees as low as possible while also keeping our business sustainable so we can treat others now and continue to treat them in the future.
- We believe a sliding scale fee is the best way to make acupuncture accessible to as many as possible since everyone's financial situation is not only different, but can also fluctuate.
- We believe that our patients are better equipped than we are to determine what they can afford within the sliding scale. This is why we don't require proof of income or conduct any kind of income verification. Plus, it's simply none of our business.
- We believe that the best way to promote our business is to provide quality, effective, safe and compassionate care at a modest price to our patients who, in turn, will be motivated to spread the word about us to their friends, family, co-workers and, perhaps, even the guy or gal in line at the supermarket limping or complaining of back pain.
+ What's up with the Sliding Scale? I don't get it.
The purpose of our sliding scale is to separate the issues of money and treatment; we want you to come in often enough to really get better and stay better!
We understand that everyone's situation is different (and often changes), and our primary goal is to make acupuncture available to you as often as you need it.
This means that every time you come in for treatment you choose how much to pay within the sliding scale - anywhere from $15 to $40. The level of care you receive is not determined by the amount you pay.
No Hidden Fees. No Income Verification. No Hassle.
+ How many needles do I get if I pay at the low end of the scale versus the high end of the scale?
The treatment you receive will be the same, based solely on your condition and clinical need, regardless of how much you pay.
+ What forms of payment do you accept? Do you accept credit cards?
We accept cash, checks and debit. As for credit we accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover. For your convenience, our debit & credit card terminal allows you to receive receipt via email or text if you desire. We caa also arrange for you to pay via paypal.
Note that if you're able to pay cash (so we can avoid paying the yucky credit card merchant fees and keep our overhead low) we'd appreciate it, but we TOTALLY understand that many folks prefer not to carry cash. The important thing is that you come in for treatment regardless of how you choose to pay.
+ Do you accept health insurance?
No, we don't accept health insurance. Because we have a sliding scale (to keep fees low), we cannot do insurance billing (their rule, not ours). However, if your insurance company covers acupuncture just let us know at the time of treatment and we will gladly email you a receipt so you can pursue reimbursement from them. If you use debit or credit card, our card reader will give you the option of having a receipt emailed or texted to you for your records.
+ How can you afford to charge so little for your services?
Because we treat lots of people.
By treating patients in an open, communal setting we can see more people per hour and keep overhead low. This allows us to offer below-market rates so more of our neighbors can come in more frequently in order to receive the amount of care necessary in order to get better.
But it’s not magic. This low-cost model only works when paired with a higher volume of patients, which is where you come in.
WE NEED YOU!
We need you to get acupuncture and then tell your friends, family, coworkers, neighbors and strangers about us. Your referrals are not only the best way to show your support, but they’re also what fuels our clinic to keep it sustainable so we’re here when you or a loved one needs us next.
As corny as it sounds, there truly is no community without ‘U’ or ‘Unity’. Together we will heal.
For more info on how you can help go here